George P. Johnson, San Carlos, CA - Creative Director 2010 - present
- CD for Heroku Unconference. Creative lead for development of interactive technologies Dreamforce’11; multi touch interactive table, digital Wayfinder, augmented reality photo upload. Creative lead and event designer Dreamforce’11 Global Gala. Creative lead and event designer Cisco Live! CAE 2011Gala. CD for Cisco GSX 2011. CD for Cisco Partners Summit 2012. Developed RFP responses for Cisco Live! CAE 2012, Toyota, VW, Google, and Salesforce SKO.
Nth Degree Events, Stone Mountain, GA - Art Director 2007 - 2011
- Designed lobby spaces for RSA Conference 2007 - 2011. Managed design, construction, install and strike of all public lobby furnishings in Moscone North and South Halls for annual, week long technology convention.
EKG Inc., Los Angeles - Creative Director 1997 – present
- Directed creative development of Code Breakers Bash guest experience to reflect RSA Conference themes of Old World China, Prohibition Era code breakers, Indian mathematics, Italian Renaissance art, the creative genius of Alan Turing, the mind of Edgar Allen Poe and the Rosetta Stone. 2004-2010.
- Directed design of 20th Television hospitality suites for NATPE 2005-2009. Client noted design was so seamless, hotel staff mistook interiors as part of the hotel.
- Directed creative development of Lifetime Television exhibit structure to showcase programming offerings at the NCTA. This one use exhibit proved so popular it was used for seven years. Revised design annually as brand identity of network evolved 1999-2006.
- Developed project estimates and managed freelance Creative Team hires, contractors, vendors and logistics.
- Envisioned dimensional facades and graphic designs to display Universal Television and Studios USA programming to affiliate station buyers attending NATPE convention.
Directed design, production and installation of facades annually 1998-2004.
- Led team of graphic designers, mechanical engineers and motion control specialists to develop design of motorized, circular advertising column for Universal Television exhibition 1999.
- Directed creative development of large format exhibit structure to showcase Viacom film and TV library product available for licensing 1998-2000. Managed multiple graphic design teams and agencies to ensure accurate translation of branding.
Lucasfilm, San Francisco - Contract Art Director 2008
- Designed and installed gallery style exhibit entitled Art of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS showcasing concept and character art from the animated film STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS (2008). Employees and guests experienced museum quality exhibition of videos, sketches, maquettes and life size sculptures from the film.
ROADSHO Productions, San Francisco - Contract Creative Director 2006-2008
- Directed Creative Team in conception and execution of multi-wave event for Cisco's GLOBAL SALES MEETING 2008 With a capacity of 8,000 guests per wave, party-goers experienced live bands, stage performances, and unique gaming areas.
- Conceived exhibit design of Lucasfilm release event/exhibit for INDIANA JONES and the KINGDOM of the CRYSTAL SKULL (2008). Employees and guests experienced walk through, museum quality exhibition of sets and props from the film.
- Directed Creative Team in conception and execution of Cisco's STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP OFFSITE Gala 2008 3,000 guests experienced indoor soccer expo, internationally themed stage performances, and unique gaming areas in support of Cisco's tag line: "Best in the World. Best for the World."
- Directed Creative Team in conception and execution of ADOBE SALES MEETING Gala 2008 Provided client principle event design support including floor plans, previs sketches, large format banner design, and lounge and prop furnishings.
- Directed Creative Team in conception and execution of Cisco's PARTNERSHIP SUMMIT Gala 2008 in Hawaii. 4,000 guest gala spanning side by side, beach resorts.
- Led Design Team for Cisco's GLOBAL SALES MEETING 2006: Music Festival featuring three pavilions, seven stages and a capacity of 12,000 guests.
- Designed environments for destination themed holiday parties for Google in 2005-2006. Locations included Airport Terminal, abandoned Tube Station, Heaven & Hell Lounge, East LA Low Rider rave and an Undersea Realm.
Teevan Productions, San Francisco - Contract Creative Director 2001-2005
- Drove creative development of “30 YEARS 30 FACES” anniversary campaign. Managed team of five photographers and art directed photo shoots of staff and clients.
- Directed creative development of brand identity, graphic design and outdoor advertising for non-profit service organization New Leaf Services for Our Community 2001-2005. Campaign resulted substantial revenue increases.
- Directed creative development of Toyota & Southern CA Edison conference gala to reflect event theme of an Evening On The High Seas. Restored Queen Mary interiors back to original period state.
Jack Morton Worldwide, Detroit - Contract Creative Director 2001-2005
- Directed design and production of press events for introduction of General Motors concept vehicles (Buick, Saab, Corvette, Cadillac, Saturn and GMC).
- Developed project estimates and managed freelance Creative Team hires, contractors and vendors.
- Integrated branding of individual marques into all Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance venues 2001-2004.
- Provided creative direction of interiors for Cadillac Escalade Focus Group.
- Directed design, production and installation of settings for introduction of Oldsmobile Profile and Saturn CV1 concept vehicles, opening of LA Auto Show 2000.
- Provided creative consultation for advance opening of uncompleted GM Burbank Design Center.
Wrecking Ball, San Francisco - Creative Consultant 2002-2003
Design Period, San Francisco – Creative Director 2001 – present
Design Period, San Francisco – Creative Director 2001 – present
Non Profit Print Projects:
- New Leaf Services for Our Community - Drove creative development of 30 Years 30 Faces anniversary campaign for HIV & mental health services organization. Managed team of five photographers and art directed photo shoots of staff and clients.
- UCSF Options Project - Drove creative development of Worried campaign. Created brochure and street poster designs. Art directed photo shoots of staff and clients.
- Folsom Street Fair - Created street poster designs for legendary leather street fair. Art directed photo shoots and managed graphic designers.
Design Period, San Francisco/Los Angeles – Creative Director 1997 – present
- Graphic Novel Demonicsex – Concept creator, writer and creative director of acclaimed adult themed graphic novel now in it’s fourth Volume. Managed scripting, pencils, ink and color processes with illustrators.
- One Sheets – Design of short film and special event one sheets; Scream Teen Scream, Knock Knock, Space Vegas, Space Vegas II.
Los Angeles, Senior Art Director, Freelance /1987 – 2000
- Master of Fine Arts in Scenic Design, UCLA School of Theater, Film & Television
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Florida; Honor Graduate in Scenic Design & Film Production